FEBRUARY 2022 – The Canadian Foundation for Pharmacy (CFP) honoured students from each Faculty/School of Pharmacy across Canada with the Guy Genest Passion for Pharmacy this month. Via the virtual event, 11 award recipients were recognized for their notable passion for, and dedication to, the profession of pharmacy.
“For the past three years it has been our pleasure to partner with the Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns to present this annual award,” says CFP’s Executive Director Dayle Acorn. “To see such a passion for the profession even prior to graduating bodes well for the future of pharmacy.”
The 2022 Guy Genest Passion for Pharmacy Award winners are:
- William Boudreau, University of Montreal
- Ayush Chadha, University of Alberta
- Caitlyn Coles, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Kevin Demers, University of Laval
- Simran Diocee, University of Manitoba
- Nawal Fatima, Dalhousie University
- Steven Huynh, University of Waterloo
- Jennifer Liang, University of British Columbia
- Marcus Lo, University of British Columbia
- Lauren Lueken, University of Saskatchewan
- Christine Tan, University of Toronto
This award was created in honour of Guy Genest, whose support of pharmacy students and interprofessional healthcare practices made him a favorite among Canadian pharmacy students across the country.
In addition to the national recognition, each recipent recieves a $500 grant.
Read more about the awards and past award winners here.