SEPTEMBER 2017 - Todd and Bernadine Barrett, co-owners of Health-e Choice Pharmacy in Clarenville, NL, are the winners of the Canadian Foundation for Pharmacy’s latest Facebook contest—and as a result have received a complimentary copy of CFP’s Pharmacy Management in Canada textbook. The July contest was launched to help promote the upcoming online continuing education (CE) program, Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials, which is based on the textbook.
Produced by the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) and the Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA), the comprehensive CE program has been developed with pharmacy owners and managers in mind, and includes a section on the delivery of expanded services for patients. The program will be accredited for 25 to 30 credits by the Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy and is expected to be available before the end of the year.
Case studies and comments from pharmacy leaders flesh out the educational material of the program’s seven modules:
1. So You Want to Own or Manage a Pharmacy…Where to Start?
2. Running a Tight Ship: Pharmacy Operations
3. The Bottom Line: Financial Management
4. Your Pharmacy Team: Human Resources Management
5. Marketing, Promotion and Communication for Your Business
6. Delivering Patient-Focused Services: Meeting the Needs of Your Patients
7. Your Business Plan