APRIL 2014 – The Canadian Foundation for Pharmacy (CFP) welcomes Marshall Moleschi, Registrar of the Ontario College of Pharmacists, as its President. Moleschi joined CFP’s Board in 2010 and has been a member of its Executive since 2011.
“The Canadian Foundation for Pharmacy is a unique organization that enables great practical research and advancements toward innovation in pharmacy, and I eagerly anticipate the exciting developments in the coming year and beyond,” says Moleschi. “As pharmacists continue to play an increasingly significant role in the delivery of health care to Canadians, the Foundation provides inspiration and support to the innovators and trailblazers who are leading the way.”
CFP’s previous president, Marnie Mitchell, steps into the role of Past-President on the Executive committee. Mitchell is a consultant for pharmacy and former CEO of the British Columbia Pharmacy Association. CFP also welcomes five new board members:
- Derek Desrosiers, a pharmacist and Director of Pharmacy Practice Support at the British Columbia Pharmacy Association;
- David Edwards, pharmacist and Hallman Director for the School of Pharmacy, University of Waterloo;
- Linda Hensman, pharmacist and Dean of the School of Pharmacy, Memorial University of Newfoundland;
- David Windross, pharmacist and Vice-President of External Affairs for Teva Canada; and
- Bryan Gray, pharmacist and owner of River Terrace Medical Pharmacy in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
For CFP’s remaining Board members and detailed biographies, click here.